We have loads of Enduro changes & updates.
1) The route has no second loop anymore, at least not in the format we’ve used before. The more remote, “western style” second loop in the Wagon Wheel/ Morris Creek area is gone. Instead, we will be riding more Singletrack at elevation, near Idyllwild and in May Valley.
Why? Because it is good. And because the non management is hopelessly swayed, influenced by the pressure of a couple Enduro cool kids who’d gone OCD with the whole thing while the non management was checked out on vacation. Hey, pimpin ain’t easy.
What’s this mean? The route(s) are more singletracky for sure. The new big route is shorter than 2011 in distance but probably comparable in riding time. The shorter route is just more fun than it used to be.
2) We will have GPS tracks & cues for both loops ready by next Wednesday at the latest. GPS use isn’t mandatory, of course, but darned close to it. Unless you really, really know these trails you will want to use the GPS track. Especially for the big loop.
3) We will let the start list shake out another week, then set it in stone next Friday. No wait list after that, just a start list.
4) The food drive is for real. Don’t bring last year’s pumpkin pie filling. Fess up the good stuff.
5) There’s an informal pre-ride of the route changes heading out from Hub Cyclery tomorrow, Saturday. Come ride if you can make it. Or come another time. Let’s ride, holler.
6) Here’s the rundown of the routes as they stand now:
Thomas/Rouse/Control rd… Tollgate (same so far)
Idyllwild.. through town, Tahquitz View/South Ridge/Ridgeline/Log Pile/Snakeskin/Spine/2nd Bro/road/Missing Link, etc, home.
Thomas/Rouse/Control rd… (Same so far)
Rattlesnake/Fuel Break/The Big O loop/Hub/Idyllwild…
Through town for restock…
Tahquitz View/South Ridge/Middle South Ridge/Snakeskin/Cahuilla/1st Bro/Lazy Bones/road/Bonita Vista/Meadow/road/Spine/2nd Bro/Grindstone/road/3rd Bro/Secret/Missing Link/etc/home.